Historic Log Cabin Restoration
This log cabin was built in the 1930’s by a guy who had the logs cut across the lake and then barged over and drug up by horse team. Only hand tools were used in construction. The property has a large house, a small guest house, and a storage shed, all log construction.
This house includes the most we have done on a single property. It has taken us over a month so far with another couple weeks to go. The work includes:
- Full exterior restoration of all buildings (blasting, sanding, staining with TWP)
- Full interior restoration of the main house (blasting, sanding, staining with Permachink lifeline interior)
- Hundreds of feet of rot repair and log replacement.
- Demolition of exterior concrete chinking and interior wood slat “chinking”
- New chinking interior and exterior of main building.
Rough job but we always love restoring such a great piece of history.